Y8 Parents Evening
DATE CHANGE: Please note that the date for the Y8 Parents’ Evening has been moved from from Wednesday 13th February to Thursday 7th March 16:00 - 19:00.
Change to Autumn half term holiday 2019
From next academic (starting September 2019) APA will move to a two week October half term holiday. Please be assured there will be no loss to teaching time as we would return to school straight after the August bank holiday and break up one day later for Christmas. To view the new dates please click here
We're really pleased that you are interested in applying to Ark Putney Academy, we are a local community school and welcome boys and girls aged 11-18.
For more information about our school please have a look at our Lower School Prospectus. We'd love to meet you and show you what we have to offer, our Open Events are finished for September 2019 entry. However, If you were unable to make any of our dates but still wish to have a look around please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make a personal appointment.
Offer letters for September 2019 entry should have arrived 1st March, if you need any help or support in accepting your offer or making an appeal then please feel free to contact us.
You do not need to sit the Wandsworth Test to apply to Ark Putney Academy.
Although the closing deadline for admissions was October Half Term, please feel free to contact email@example.com at any point throughout the year to arrange an appointment as a precursor for casual admissions.
This is our admissions policy:
What happens next
Once you accept a place at Ark Putney we aim to give your child the best start to life at our school.
We have a few steps to help make this happen:
- Your child will have an individual meeting with a Head of Year.
- The assistant principal and special educational needs co-ordinator will visit the child's primary school to talk to teachers who already know the child well.
- To complement the academic data provided by primary schools every new student will sit Cognitive Ability Tests along with reading and comprehension tests to give us a detailed understanding of each student’s learning needs.
- Our English as an Additional Language (EAL) coordinator leads a specialised induction programme for students who do not have English as their first language.
- We provide a full induction programme for all new students to help smooth their entry to the academy community.
- Every parent will receive three reports per year along with parent and teacher meetings to help maintain a close relationship between home and the academy.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception/Year 7/Yr 12 in September 2019 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
1 March 2019
16 April 2019
|Deadline for lodging an appeal
29 March 2019
20 May 2019
On-time appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7/Year 12, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.