We're really pleased that you are interested in applying to Ark Putney Academy, we are a local community school and welcome boys and girls aged 11-18.
For more information about our school please have a look at our Prospectus. We'd love to meet you and show you what we have to offer, our Open Events are finished for September 2017 entry. However, If you were unable to make any of our dates but still wish to have a look around please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make a personal appointment.
Offer letters for September 2017 entry should have arrived 1st March, if you need any help or support in accepting your offer or making an appeal then please feel free to contact us.
You do not need to sit the Wandsworth Test to apply to Ark Putney Academy.
Although the closing deadline for admissions was October Half Term, please feel free to contact email@example.com at any point throughout the year to arrange an appointment as a precursor for casual admissions.
This is our admissions policy:
What happens next
Once you accept a place at Ark Putney we aim to give your child the best start to life at our school.
We have a few steps to help make this happen:
- Your child will have an individual meeting with a Head of House.
- The assistant principal and special educational needs co-ordinator will visit the child's primary school to talk to teachers who already know the child well.
- To complement the academic data provided by primary schools every new student will sit Cognitive Ability Tests along with reading and comprehension tests to give us a detailed understanding of each student’s learning needs.
- Our English as an Additional Language (EAL) coordinator leads a specialised induction programme for students who do not have English as their first language.
- We provide a full induction programme for all new students to help smooth their entry to the academy community. Year 7 induction days are in July.
- Every parent will receive three reports per year along with parent and teacher meetings to help maintain a close relationship between home and the academy.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2017 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2017 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2017||19 April 2017|
|after 19 April 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.