YEAR 6 INFORMATION
For all Year 6 students joining us in September 2019 please look out for your letter inviting you to one of our two Induction days ~ Tuesday 2 July and Thursday 11 July
Khalsa schoolwear will be in school selling uniform on Thursday 11 July 3.15pm -7.30pm
For any further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take the High Attainers Information Evening Survey here
What is a High Attainer?
A high attainer is somebody who fits into one or more of these groups:
- High Key Stage 2 attainment grades
- Above 110 in the KS2 Scaled Score (years 7-8)
- Above a level 5 (years 9-11)
- A history of achieving high attainment grades in school assessments
- Evidence of high attainment grades achieved in certain subjects
- Identified as having a particular proclivity, curiosity or talent in certain subjects.
A high attainer is somebody who should be aiming to achieve the following:
- To be a pillar of their community
- In lessons
- In their tutor group
- In the school
- A curious approach to their learning
- An engaging outlook on all aspects of their education
- The resilience to continually attempt their best and overcome educational challenges
- Assessment grades of 7s, 8s and 9s
- GCSE grades of 7s, 8s and 9s
- An Attainment 8 score above 7
- A level grades of A*s and As
- Entry to a Russell Group university
What Ark Putney Academy do to stretch and challenge our high attainers
In lessons, students will be challenged to complete the stretch activities. Students are also encouraged to engage in the further reading and media enrichment list.
Outside of lessons, there are a number of incentives designed to stretch high attainers.
- The Brilliant Club
- Twelve students per selection – Year 10 students this term.
- Twelve students a term
- Putney High
- Guest speakers
- Student exchange
- St Pauls
- Saturday school
- Student experience
- Department sign up