Y8 Parents Evening
DATE CHANGE: Please note that the date for the Y8 Parents’ Evening has been moved from from Wednesday 13th February to Thursday 7th March 16:00 - 19:00.
Change to Autumn half term holiday 2019
From next academic (starting September 2019) APA will move to a two week October half term holiday. Please be assured there will be no loss to teaching time as we would return to school straight after the August bank holiday and break up one day later for Christmas. To view the new dates please click here
Take the High Attainers Information Evening Survey here
What is a High Attainer?
A high attainer is somebody who fits into one or more of these groups:
- High Key Stage 2 attainment grades
- Above 110 in the KS2 Scaled Score (years 7-8)
- Above a level 5 (years 9-11)
- A history of achieving high attainment grades in school assessments
- Evidence of high attainment grades achieved in certain subjects
- Identified as having a particular proclivity, curiosity or talent in certain subjects.
A high attainer is somebody who should be aiming to achieve the following:
- To be a pillar of their community
- In lessons
- In their tutor group
- In the school
- A curious approach to their learning
- An engaging outlook on all aspects of their education
- The resilience to continually attempt their best and overcome educational challenges
- Assessment grades of 7s, 8s and 9s
- GCSE grades of 7s, 8s and 9s
- An Attainment 8 score above 7
- A level grades of A*s and As
- Entry to a Russell Group university
What Ark Putney Academy do to stretch and challenge our high attainers
In lessons, students will be challenged to complete the stretch activities. Students are also encouraged to engage in the further reading and media enrichment list.
Outside of lessons, there are a number of incentives designed to stretch high attainers.
- The Brilliant Club
- Twelve students per selection – Year 10 students this term.
- Twelve students a term
- Putney High
- Guest speakers
- Student exchange
- St Pauls
- Saturday school
- Student experience
- Department sign up