Year 9 Options
Choosing the courses you’d like to study in year 10 and year 11 is an important milestone in your education. Although for some having the opportunity to create your own curriculum is exciting, it can also raise a number difficult questions: Which subjects are right for me? Which careers complement my choices? What if I still don’t know what I want to do?
The Options Booklet and Options Evening are designed to make this time less worrying for you and your parents or carers. Combined with our weekly Options Assemblies, I hope that you’ll be able to make an informed decision about your learning and confidently choose subjects that suit your aspirations, skills and needs.
There are some important dates to keep in mind throughout this process.
- Thursday 28th February, 6:00pm
- Options Evening for Year 9 Students and Parents.
- Speak to Heads of Department
- Receive your Options Selection Form.
2. Friday 8th March - deadline for online submission of your options
3. Monday 11th March – Friday 15th March - individual student interviews to discuss choices
4. Friday 15th March – all students, parents and carers to be informed of final option choices
5. Friday 22st March - deadline for any request for changes to option choices
The decisions you make in the next few weeks will have an impact on your success at the end of Key Stage 4 and on the choices available to you in the Sixth Form. We hope that the information provided allows you to make the right choices that will see you succeeding over the next two years and beyond.