Home School Agreement
All aspects of academy life are underpinned by the highest expectations.
With excellent teaching every student can realise their academic potential. By the age of 18 we expect every student to be appropriately qualified to go on to university or pursue the career of their choice.
At ARK Putney Academy we believe that everyone in our learning community is capable of excellence. We care for and respect everyone in the school community. We do not accept any excuses.
- At GCSE we aim for 80% of students to gain five or more good passes including English and maths.
- In the sixth form we expect a 100% pass rate in all A level courses.
We work closely with ARK Schools to foster strong relationships with universities and our students have access to ARK’s University Success Programme. Through ARK Schools our sixth form students can apply for a number of higher education bursaries.
ARK Putney Academy aims to provide the highest standard of teaching. We expect lessons to be challenging, engaging and effectively designed so that every student makes exceptional progress.
ARK Putney Academy is committed to training and developing all our staff and we work closely with the ARK Schools network to support this.
- ARK Schools’ external monitoring and assessment process helps us to maintain the highest standards of teaching and learning across ARK Putney Academy and to ensure that students are appropriately stretched and challenged and their progress is accurately measured.
- The academy provides time every week for staff training and development.
We ensure a calm, safe and orderly environment in which our students can focus on learning and teachers on teaching.
We expect lessons to be uninterrupted and all students to focus on maximising their effort and securing exceptional progress.
We endeavour, through all that we do, to foster a culture of respect which values every individual in our community. With a strong emphasis on personal accountability we encourage our students to make a significant contribution to their academy through House Committees and the Student Council.
Students are encouraged to develop leadership skills throughout their time at the academy. These are modelled by our Year 11 student leaders and sixth form prefects.
- We maintain a rigorous and consistently applied behaviour for learning policy.
- The academy does not tolerate bullying or disrespectful behaviour of any kind.