Back to School and Open Days
Our Open Mornings are at 9am from Monday 25th - Thursday 28th September
We also have an Open Evening starting at 5pm on Tuesday 26th September
Please contact our Vice Principal Jackie White on email@example.com for more details
Open Evening Early School Closure
On Tuesday 26 September we will be holding our Open Evening event. To give staff an opportunity to prepare and get displays ready we will be closing the school early on Tuesday afternoon.
The school day will finish at 1:10pm after period 6. Students will be encouraged to leave the site immediately, although there will be limited food available. Free school meals allowances will be available from break time.
Homework is an integral part of the learning process and an important component of our curriculum.
- Homework has these important objectives:
- To reinforce concepts and skills taught in the classroom.
- To develop thinking and study skills.
- To promote student responsibility, initiative and self-direction.
- To enlighten parents/carers as to course content and teacher expectation.
- To encourage carry-over of worthwhile school activities into lasting leisure interests.
As with all schoolwork, but specifically with homework, the interaction among the teacher-student-parent is essential for successful completion of the tasks. Yet, the final responsibility for completing the homework rests with the students.
All staff must ensure that students write down both the homework title and completion/submission date into their planners at the start of every lesson, staff are responsible for dealing with students who fail to complete homework as per the academy policy.
Key stage 3 guidelines
- 1.5 hours per week (English, Maths)
- 1 hour per week (Science)
- 1 hour, 2 per cycle (History, Geography)
- 1 hour, 3 per cycle (Modern foreign languages)
- 45 mins 1 per cycle (DT, Drama, Music, Art)