Deadline for accepting Secondary offers - 15th March
Wandsworth sent out their offer letters to arrive on 1st March, if you applied online you should have also received an email confirming your place.
Congratulations to all those who recieved a place at Ark Putney, we can't wait to meet you!
All secondary offers must be accepted through the Borough of Wandsworth, if you applied online you can do so through the eadmissions website: https://www.eadmissions.org.uk/eAdmissions/app
If you missed out on a place at Ark Putney, never fear! We still have places available on our waiting list, please visit our admissions page to find out about your next steps and starting the appeals process.
If you weren't able to attend our open events or perhaps just need a reminder we would be happy to offer you a tour of the school just telelphone us on 0208 788 3421 or email our Vice Principal Jackie White on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like any help or require more information please email Jackie White.
Homework is an integral part of the learning process and an important component of our curriculum.
- Homework has these important objectives:
- To reinforce concepts and skills taught in the classroom.
- To develop thinking and study skills.
- To promote student responsibility, initiative and self-direction.
- To enlighten parents/carers as to course content and teacher expectation.
- To encourage carry-over of worthwhile school activities into lasting leisure interests.
As with all schoolwork, but specifically with homework, the interaction among the teacher-student-parent is essential for successful completion of the tasks. Yet, the final responsibility for completing the homework rests with the students.
All staff must ensure that students write down both the homework title and completion/submission date into their planners at the start of every lesson, staff are responsible for dealing with students who fail to complete homework as per the academy policy.
Key stage 3 guidelines
- 1.5 hours per week (English, Maths)
- 1 hour per week (Science)
- 1 hour, 2 per cycle (History, Geography)
- 1 hour, 3 per cycle (Modern foreign languages)
- 45 mins 1 per cycle (DT, Drama, Music, Art)