Last Week of Term: End of Day Timings
End of school times will differ across the last week of term as a result of various trips and activities. In these instances students will always be dismissed from school site unless stated and agreed by parent/carer in your trip letter.
Tuesday 17th July - Sports Day @ Barn Elms
Wednesday 18th July & Thursday 19th July - APA Trip Days
Whole School (apart from Year 9):
Arrive at school for 08:45am and finish 14:00pm - Uniform required for all trips apart from Year 10 'Clip and Climb' and 'Paintballing' trips
Year 9 Trip to Olympic Park:
Arrive at school for 08:00am and finish at 16:30pm
Friday 20th July - Last Day of Term
Start at 08:30am and Finish 12:30pm (Uniform required)
Thank you to all parents/carers for your support across this year!
Homework is an integral part of the learning process and an important component of our curriculum.
- Homework has these important objectives:
- To reinforce concepts and skills taught in the classroom.
- To develop thinking and study skills.
- To promote student responsibility, initiative and self-direction.
- To enlighten parents/carers as to course content and teacher expectation.
- To encourage carry-over of worthwhile school activities into lasting leisure interests.
As with all schoolwork, but specifically with homework, the interaction among the teacher-student-parent is essential for successful completion of the tasks. Yet, the final responsibility for completing the homework rests with the students.
All staff must ensure that students write down both the homework title and completion/submission date into their planners at the start of every lesson, staff are responsible for dealing with students who fail to complete homework as per the academy policy.
Key stage 3 guidelines
- 1.5 hours per week (English, Maths)
- 1 hour per week (Science)
- 1 hour, 2 per cycle (History, Geography)
- 1 hour, 3 per cycle (Modern foreign languages)
- 45 mins 1 per cycle (DT, Drama, Music, Art)