Thursday 25th August - A reminder to all Year 11 students that GCSE results can be picked up from school 10am-1pm Thursday 25th August.
Friday 26th August - Sixth Form enrollment - 10am - If you are not available at this time but are interested in a place with us please email email@example.com for more information and to arrange an alternate date.
Wednesday 7th September - First day back to school FOR YEAR 7 ONLY
Thursday 8th September - First day back at school - all students
Homework is an integral part of the learning process and an important component of our curriculum.
- Homework has these important objectives:
- To reinforce concepts and skills taught in the classroom.
- To develop thinking and study skills.
- To promote student responsibility, initiative and self-direction.
- To enlighten parents/carers as to course content and teacher expectation.
- To encourage carry-over of worthwhile school activities into lasting leisure interests.
As with all schoolwork, but specifically with homework, the interaction among the teacher-student-parent is essential for successful completion of the tasks. Yet, the final responsibility for completing the homework rests with the students.
All staff must ensure that students write down both the homework title and completion/submission date into their planners at the start of every lesson, staff are responsible for dealing with students who fail to complete homework as per the academy policy.
Key stage 3 guidelines
- 1.5 hours per week (English, Maths)
- 1 hour per week (Science)
- 1 hour, 2 per cycle (History, Geography)
- 1 hour, 3 per cycle (Modern foreign languages)
- 45 mins 1 per cycle (DT, Drama, Music, Art)