EARLY CLOSURE NOTICE: OPEN EVENING
24 SEPTEMBER 2018
Please be aware that the school will be closing at 12:30 midday on Monday 24th September due to Open Evening.
Homework is an integral part of the learning process and an important component of our curriculum.
- Homework has these important objectives:
- To reinforce concepts and skills taught in the classroom.
- To develop thinking and study skills.
- To promote student responsibility, initiative and self-direction.
- To enlighten parents/carers as to course content and teacher expectation.
- To encourage carry-over of worthwhile school activities into lasting leisure interests.
As with all schoolwork, but specifically with homework, the interaction among the teacher-student-parent is essential for successful completion of the tasks. Yet, the final responsibility for completing the homework rests with the students.
All staff must ensure that students write down both the homework title and completion/submission date into their planners at the start of every lesson, staff are responsible for dealing with students who fail to complete homework as per the academy policy.
Key stage 3 guidelines
- 1.5 hours per week (English, Maths)
- 1 hour per week (Science)
- 1 hour, 2 per cycle (History, Geography)
- 1 hour, 3 per cycle (Modern foreign languages)
- 45 mins 1 per cycle (DT, Drama, Music, Art)