Inset Day - Friday 24nd June
On Friday 24th June the school will be closed to all students for a staff inset day. - Parents and carers please be aware not to send your children into school on this day.
Year 13 Graduation on Thursday 30th June.
Please could all guests and students arrive at 3:30pm for refreshments and photos. The ceremony will commence at 4pm. All parents, carers and extended family are welcome!
UCAS information evening - Thursday 7th July
A reminder to all Year 12 parents that there is a Year 12 Parents UCAS Information Evening taking place on Thursday 7th July at 5:30pm. This will provide students, carers and families with important information regarding the UCAS application process, we hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Grand Opening Summer Event - Friday 8th July
We are holding a Grand Opening Ceremony and Party for our new building on Friday 8th July 2:30 - 5:30pm. All are welcome and we would love to see as many there as possible to help us celebrate. RSVP to email@example.com or see here for more details.
Homework is an integral part of the learning process and an important component of our curriculum.
- Homework has these important objectives:
- To reinforce concepts and skills taught in the classroom.
- To develop thinking and study skills.
- To promote student responsibility, initiative and self-direction.
- To enlighten parents/carers as to course content and teacher expectation.
- To encourage carry-over of worthwhile school activities into lasting leisure interests.
As with all schoolwork, but specifically with homework, the interaction among the teacher-student-parent is essential for successful completion of the tasks. Yet, the final responsibility for completing the homework rests with the students.
All staff must ensure that students write down both the homework title and completion/submission date into their planners at the start of every lesson, staff are responsible for dealing with students who fail to complete homework as per the academy policy.
Key stage 3 guidelines
- 1.5 hours per week (English, Maths)
- 1 hour per week (Science)
- 1 hour, 2 per cycle (History, Geography)
- 1 hour, 3 per cycle (Modern foreign languages)
- 45 mins 1 per cycle (DT, Drama, Music, Art)