Secondary Offer Letters are sent out 1st March
Wandsworth sends out their offer letters on 1st March. - If you would like guidance on how to accept your offer to Ark Putney please contact our Vice Principal Jackie White on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you weren't able to attend our open events or perhaps just need a reminder we would be happy to offer you a tour of the school just telelphone us on 0208 788 3421 or email Jackie White.
If you missed out on a place at Ark Putney, never fear! We still have places available on our waiting list, please email Jackie White to find out about your next steps.
More information can be found on our admissions page.
Homework is an integral part of the learning process and an important component of our curriculum.
- Homework has these important objectives:
- To reinforce concepts and skills taught in the classroom.
- To develop thinking and study skills.
- To promote student responsibility, initiative and self-direction.
- To enlighten parents/carers as to course content and teacher expectation.
- To encourage carry-over of worthwhile school activities into lasting leisure interests.
As with all schoolwork, but specifically with homework, the interaction among the teacher-student-parent is essential for successful completion of the tasks. Yet, the final responsibility for completing the homework rests with the students.
All staff must ensure that students write down both the homework title and completion/submission date into their planners at the start of every lesson, staff are responsible for dealing with students who fail to complete homework as per the academy policy.
Key stage 3 guidelines
- 1.5 hours per week (English, Maths)
- 1 hour per week (Science)
- 1 hour, 2 per cycle (History, Geography)
- 1 hour, 3 per cycle (Modern foreign languages)
- 45 mins 1 per cycle (DT, Drama, Music, Art)