Back to School and Open Days
Back to School dates
We are looking forward to welcoming all our Year 7 students back on Wednesday 6th September, and Years 8-13 on Thursday 7th Septemer.
Our Open Mornings are at 9am from Monday 25th - Thursday 28th September
We also have an Open Evening starting at 5pm on Tuesday 26th September
Please contact our Vice Principal Jackie White on email@example.com for more details
Pupil Reflection Centre
Ark Putney Academy has opened our Pillar Reflection Centre (PRC)
The aim of the PRC is to:
- Keep disaffected students/those with emotional problems in school and working whilst seeking to address their behaviors and to reintegrate them back into mainstream classes as quickly as possible.
- Minimize the disruption caused by the most difficult students without excluding them.
- Provide short–term teaching support which mirrors the classroom curriculum.
- Provide a base for internal exclusions and behavior management sessions.
- Providing an atmosphere that encourages consideration for others is essential to effective behavior management. Learning is facilitated by an environment that provides stimulation and opportunity for interaction with others, enables individuals to realize their learning potential according to their own needs and current mental state and encourages development of self-esteem.
- Monitor and liaise with offsite alternative educational providers.
- Be a source of information/training for the parent programme Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities.
Some quotes from students who have spent time in the PRC:
"I was in the PRC because I was fighting. Ms Williams helped the situation for me and the other person, and we said our apologies. The PRC is good for reflecting on our mistakes and fixing them. We also have time to do our school work so we don't miss out." Student - Year 9
"I was in the PRC for truanting lessons. It has helped me to change my ways and be a better person by guiding me to do the right thing and avoid bad choices. The PRC has also helped me to tell other people to start doing the right thing and avoid going into the PRC or isolation." Student - Year 11