Y8 Parents Evening
DATE CHANGE: Please note that the date for the Y8 Parents’ Evening has been moved from from Wednesday 13th February to Thursday 7th March 16:00 - 19:00.
Change to Autumn half term holiday 2019
From next academic (starting September 2019) APA will move to a two week October half term holiday. Please be assured there will be no loss to teaching time as we would return to school straight after the August bank holiday and break up one day later for Christmas. To view the new dates please click here
ARK PUTNEY ACADEMY SIXTH FORMERS CELEBRATE RECORD A LEVEL ACHIEVEMENT
ARK Putney Academy students are celebrating record achievement at A level. 82% of students achieved at least three A level or equivalent passes with 21% of students achieving at least 340 UCAS points (equivalent to AAB grades).
Including all A level and equivalent qualifications:
- 40% of entries were graded A*-B
- 66% were graded A*-C
- 96% achieved a grade of A*-E
- The average point score per A level student (including equivalents) was 637.3 points
- 21% of students achieved at least 340 UCAS points (the equivalent of grades AAB)
Year 12 AS level students achieved a considerable improvement on the 2012 grades:
- 41% of grades were A – B (2012, 28 %)
- 60% of grades were A – C (2012, 51 %)
- 94% of grades were A – E (2012, 77 %)
ARK Putney Academy Principal, Mark Phillips, said: “We’re very pleased with this year’s A level achievements and with the impressive range of university offers students have achieved. I congratulate our students on their achievements - and thank their teachers for their great commitment over the last two years.
Among ARK Putney’s A level performers:
- Jake Taylor achieved A* (Chemistry) A (Mathematics) and A*(Physics) despite having to continue his studies at home, supported by the school for a year, due to illness. Jake intends to study Astrophysics at University College London and has been awarded a Reuban Scholarship to support him in his studies.
- Sam Houdi achieved grades A* (English Literature), A (History), A (Economics) and A (Psychology) and is going to study Politics, Philosophy and Economics at York university.
- Ramie Farag achieved grades A, (History), A (Economics) and B (English Literature) and will study Law at SOAS.
- Butrint Vraniqi achieved A* (English Literature), A (History) and A (Drama) and has a place to study History at UCL.
- Thesina Ahmed achieved A (Chemistry), B (Biology), B (Mathematics) and intends to study pharmacy at University College London.
- Nausheen Ahmed achieved A (History), B (Economics) and C (Chemistry) and intends to study History at Kings College, London.
Jake Taylor (19) said:
“ARK Putney has helped me massively. There is a really good connection between the teachers and students. If you ever need help after school, they are always there for you. Just little things like that really help.
“I am the first in my family to go to university. I’d like a career in astrophysics and do research in astronomy. I also want to work for a space agency.”