Y8 Parents Evening
DATE CHANGE: Please note that the date for the Y8 Parents’ Evening has been moved from from Wednesday 13th February to Thursday 7th March 16:00 - 19:00.
Change to Autumn half term holiday 2019
From next academic (starting September 2019) APA will move to a two week October half term holiday. Please be assured there will be no loss to teaching time as we would return to school straight after the August bank holiday and break up one day later for Christmas. To view the new dates please click here
At ARK Putney Academy we strive to provide enrichment opportunities that are high-quality, adult-supported and structured. Enrichment entitlement should be for all students in all key stages and provide opportunities to go beyond the minimum. We must ensure that benefits reach those with the greatest need; who are the least likely to participate and for whom the impact can be the most acute.
- All students to been given the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities.
- All students to receive a copy of the enrichment programme at the beginning of every term.
- All students are entitled to be safe and secure when taking part in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are entitled to attend well planned and challenging activities that are fun and properly resourced.
- All students are entitled to be praised and rewarded for excellent achievement when participating in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are entitled to be praised and rewarded for excellent attendance when participating in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are entitled to work in a well maintained learning environment when participating in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are expected to commit to at least one enrichment opportunities term.
- All students are expected to support the learning of their peers when taking part in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are expected to be punctual to all enrichment activities attended.
- All students are expected to be properly dressed and equipped, where appropriate, for enrichment activities.
- All students are expected to perform to the best of their ability when taking part in enrichment opportunities.
We offer a wide range of enrichment opportunities that are designed to broaden and develop the mind and body of our students at ARK Putney Academy. Our enrichment programme includes regular opportunities to visit museums, exhibitions and theatres, as well as residential trips. At the end of each academic year we have a week of activities which includes our annual sports day and our Enterprise week for year 10 students. . We also use various agencies to support our enrichment work and support students in gaining accreditation, such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
Students are given the opportunity to participate in additional activities for:
- A United Nations Club (along with other ARK schools)
- Music both vocal and instrumental (including our choirs and orchestra)
- Animation and games design.
The Academy holds competitive fixtures against other schools that take place after school in sports such as football, netball, basketball, table tennis, athletics, cricket and swimming. The ARK schools network will also provide opportunities to participate in the ARK schools’ annual chess and debating competitions and perform at the annual ARK music festival, which this year took place at the Barbican centre.
We also run a series of study support lessons for a range of subjects throughout each year, with targeted intervention strategies at key points in Years 10, 11 and sixth form.