A Level / BTEC Results Day
A-Level and BTEC Results Day 2018 will be published Thursday 16th August
School will open from 10am-2pm for students to pick up their results in person.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide grades to friends or family members so transcripts will remain in school until students are able to come and collect them.
Preparation for Results Day
Students should ensure that contact details are up to date on UCAS as universities may need to contact them.Students should check their UCAS (track) account from 8am on the morning of Thursday 16th. If they are holding conditional offers they will be able to see whether or not they have been accepted into their chosen university.
Clearing and Adjustment
Where students feel that their current offer is not the right one for them or they do not meet its conditions they can elect to go into Clearing. Clearing places tend to fill up very quickly on results day so students should check the availability of courses in advance. Staff will be on hand to support conversations with universities on results day.
Where students have done better than anticipated they can go through Adjustment. This means that they can hold their firm offer while searching, through Clearing, for a more competitive course. Again, it is essential that students research the availability of courses in advance. Students can search for courses here: https://www.ucas.com/clearing-launch
Apprenticeships and Employment
We are on hand throughout the summer to support those students who have decided to go on to an apprenticeship or into employment. If you would like to book an appointment with our destinations manager please email email@example.com
Charging and remissions policy
Ark Putney Academy aims to:
- Be committed to a free academy education for all
- Ensure that education in the academy is free.
- Ensure that activities offered wholly or mainly during normal academy teaching time should be available to all students regardless of their parents’ ability or willingness to help meet the cost.
- Ensure that there is no statutory requirement to charge for any form of education but the academy has the discretion to charge for optional activities provided wholly or mainly out of academy hours.
- Exercise the right when required to invite voluntary contributions for the benefit of the academy or in support of activities organised by the academy, whether during or outside
PRACTICE AND GUIDANCE
The Charging Policy at Ark Putney Academy is based on the following:
- The academy will continue to request voluntary contributions from parents towards activities organised by the academy during academy hours. If insufficient voluntary contributions are forthcoming for an activity and insufficient subsidies are available, then that activity will be cancelled.
- Optional Trips Wholly Or Mainly Outside School Hours: Optional trips wholly or mainly outside school hours will normally be charged at full cost. These visits may not proceed where full costs are not met by all those who wish to partake in the activity.
- Cost Of Ingredients, Materials And Equipment: The academy will invite voluntary contributions towards the cost of ingredients, materials and equipment where parents have expressed the wish to have the finished product in subjects such as DT.
- Charges For Breakages And Damage: The academy may make charges for breakages and damage to property, including window breakage and cost for graffiti removal.
- Individual Instrumental Tuition: There is the right to request a cost to the student for providing any instrumental tuition.
- Lunch: The academy will provide students with lunch in the event of IT system failure or any other event that prevents students from paying for their midday meal. Students who receive Free School Meals will be provided with a free lunch up to the amount they usually receive (currently £2.35). Should students exceed this amount, and all other students not on Free School Meals, may be asked to pay at a later date.