There have recently been a number of measles cases in the local area. If you do not know your vaccination status please seek advice from your GP as soon as possible.
6 December 2019
Dear parent carer
Monday 9 December – Full closure for KS3 only
I am writing to advise you that we have reluctantly decided to close KS3 all day on Monday 9 December. This applies to years 7-9 only. The Academy will remain open for KS4 and KS5.
We continue to have major issues with staffing, with nearly one third of teachers off sick today. I am already aware that I have a high number of staff certified as sick for Monday, meaning that we will be unable to cover classes effectively.
However, by having years 10-13 in school we can continue to provide these exam groups with a quality experience.
I expect all students to return to the Academy on Tuesday 10 December.
Thank you for your support.
Take the High Attainers Information Evening Survey here
What is a High Attainer?
A high attainer is somebody who fits into one or more of these groups:
- High Key Stage 2 attainment grades
- Above 110 in the KS2 Scaled Score (years 7-8)
- Above a level 5 (years 9-11)
- A history of achieving high attainment grades in school assessments
- Evidence of high attainment grades achieved in certain subjects
- Identified as having a particular proclivity, curiosity or talent in certain subjects.
A high attainer is somebody who should be aiming to achieve the following:
- To be a pillar of their community
- In lessons
- In their tutor group
- In the school
- A curious approach to their learning
- An engaging outlook on all aspects of their education
- The resilience to continually attempt their best and overcome educational challenges
- Assessment grades of 7s, 8s and 9s
- GCSE grades of 7s, 8s and 9s
- An Attainment 8 score above 7
- A level grades of A*s and As
- Entry to a Russell Group university
What Ark Putney Academy do to stretch and challenge our high attainers
In lessons, students will be challenged to complete the stretch activities. Students are also encouraged to engage in the further reading and media enrichment list.
Outside of lessons, there are a number of incentives designed to stretch high attainers.
- The Brilliant Club
- Twelve students per selection – Year 10 students this term.
- Twelve students a term
- Putney High
- Guest speakers
- Student exchange
- St Pauls
- Saturday school
- Student experience
- Department sign up