Friday 14th February INSET day and Year 11- 13 Half term revision
Friday 14th February - 09:00 - 14:30 - ALL Year 11 students in school
Please see Y11 letter for half term dates
Friday 14th February is a staff training day. However, several Year 11 & sixth form teachers have requested to teach key stage 4 & 5 lessons on that day to help students prepare for both GCSE's and 6th form up coming mocks on the 24th February. Attendance to these lessons is compulsory. Students should arrive 15 minutes before their lesson in their daily, professional attire. If students would like to remain on site during lunchtime, lunch will be provided free of charge. Students must sign in and out at reception.
SFSC Evening Programme for Parents & Carers
What is Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) ?
A group that aims to help families increase their parenting skills. It develops and promotoes: positive parent-child relationships; a range of life skills; self esteem; strong ethnic and cultural roots; discipline methods and enables parents to engage in their community and access resources.
Ultimately This programme will help build parent and child relationships - Limited Spaces Available - BOOK NOW
What Will I Learn?
- A range of positive parenting tools and techniques including anger management, conflict resolution and solution building
- To build self-esteem and confidence in your child
- A sense of well being and confidence as a parent
- To understand your parenting through exploring your own family culture and values
- To improve relationships with all family members
- Activities to do with your child
- To connect with the wider community and access a range of services
Who is it for?
Anyone with responsibilities of caring for children. Most groups are run for all parents and carers but we also have 'fathers only' groups.
- 13 three hour weekly sessions which includes an introduction
- Parents/carers can join up to the third week and can receive a mid week call to provide ongoing support
- You will be given a parent manual during the group and receive a certificate at the end
Who runs the Sessions and where are they held?
Mauren Williams, Behaviour Specialist for of the Pillar Reflection Centre runs the programme at our school. Maureen holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Emotional factors in Teaching and Learning : Counselling Aspects in Education from University of East London and has a wealth of experience supporting families in the local area.
Our parenting group will start after Easter, 19th April for 12 weeks, time: 18:00 - 21:00pm
To book your place please get in touch with Maureen:
Tel: 0208 788 3421 x 227
Mobile: 07500 841 253