There have recently been a number of measles cases in the local area. If you do not know your vaccination status please seek advice from your GP as soon as possible.
6 December 2019
Dear parent carer
Monday 9 December – Full closure for KS3 only
I am writing to advise you that we have reluctantly decided to close KS3 all day on Monday 9 December. This applies to years 7-9 only. The Academy will remain open for KS4 and KS5.
We continue to have major issues with staffing, with nearly one third of teachers off sick today. I am already aware that I have a high number of staff certified as sick for Monday, meaning that we will be unable to cover classes effectively.
However, by having years 10-13 in school we can continue to provide these exam groups with a quality experience.
I expect all students to return to the Academy on Tuesday 10 December.
Thank you for your support.
At ARK Putney Academy we strive to provide enrichment opportunities that are high-quality, adult-supported and structured. Enrichment entitlement should be for all students in all key stages and provide opportunities to go beyond the minimum. We must ensure that benefits reach those with the greatest need; who are the least likely to participate and for whom the impact can be the most acute.
- All students to been given the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities.
- All students to receive a copy of the enrichment programme at the beginning of every term.
- All students are entitled to be safe and secure when taking part in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are entitled to attend well planned and challenging activities that are fun and properly resourced.
- All students are entitled to be praised and rewarded for excellent achievement when participating in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are entitled to be praised and rewarded for excellent attendance when participating in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are entitled to work in a well maintained learning environment when participating in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are expected to commit to at least one enrichment opportunities term.
- All students are expected to support the learning of their peers when taking part in enrichment opportunities.
- All students are expected to be punctual to all enrichment activities attended.
- All students are expected to be properly dressed and equipped, where appropriate, for enrichment activities.
- All students are expected to perform to the best of their ability when taking part in enrichment opportunities.
We offer a wide range of enrichment opportunities that are designed to broaden and develop the mind and body of our students at ARK Putney Academy. Our enrichment programme includes regular opportunities to visit museums, exhibitions and theatres, as well as residential trips. At the end of each academic year we have a week of activities which includes our annual sports day and our Enterprise week for year 10 students. . We also use various agencies to support our enrichment work and support students in gaining accreditation, such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
Students are given the opportunity to participate in additional activities for:
- A United Nations Club (along with other ARK schools)
- Music both vocal and instrumental (including our choirs and orchestra)
- Animation and games design.
The Academy holds competitive fixtures against other schools that take place after school in sports such as football, netball, basketball, table tennis, athletics, cricket and swimming. The ARK schools network will also provide opportunities to participate in the ARK schools’ annual chess and debating competitions and perform at the annual ARK music festival, which this year took place at the Barbican centre.
We also run a series of study support lessons for a range of subjects throughout each year, with targeted intervention strategies at key points in Years 10, 11 and sixth form.