Friday 14th February INSET day and Year 11- 13 Half term revision
Friday 14th February - 09:00 - 14:30 - ALL Year 11 students in school
Please see Y11 letter for half term dates
Friday 14th February is a staff training day. However, several Year 11 & sixth form teachers have requested to teach key stage 4 & 5 lessons on that day to help students prepare for both GCSE's and 6th form up coming mocks on the 24th February. Attendance to these lessons is compulsory. Students should arrive 15 minutes before their lesson in their daily, professional attire. If students would like to remain on site during lunchtime, lunch will be provided free of charge. Students must sign in and out at reception.
Charging and Remission Policy
This Policy outlines the Ark approach to charging, in particular in relation to educational visits and trips.
Ark Putney Academy aims to:
- Be committed to a free academy education for all
- Ensure that education in the academy is free.
- Ensure that activities offered wholly or mainly during normal academy teaching time should be available to all students regardless of their parents’ ability or willingness to help meet the cost.
- Ensure that there is no statutory requirement to charge for any form of education but the academy has the discretion to charge for optional activities provided wholly or mainly out of academy hours.
- Exercise the right when required to invite voluntary contributions for the benefit of the academy or in support of activities organised by the academy, whether during or outside
PRACTICE AND GUIDANCE
The Charging Policy at Ark Putney Academy is based on the following:
- The academy will continue to request voluntary contributions from parents towards activities organised by the academy during academy hours. If insufficient voluntary contributions are forthcoming for an activity and insufficient subsidies are available, then that activity will be cancelled.
- Optional Trips Wholly Or Mainly Outside School Hours: Optional trips wholly or mainly outside school hours will normally be charged at full cost. These visits may not proceed where full costs are not met by all those who wish to partake in the activity.
- Cost Of Ingredients, Materials And Equipment: The academy will invite voluntary contributions towards the cost of ingredients, materials and equipment where parents have expressed the wish to have the finished product in subjects such as DT.
- Charges For Breakages And Damage: The academy may make charges for breakages and damage to property, including window breakage and cost for graffiti removal.
- Individual Instrumental Tuition: There is the right to request a cost to the student for providing any instrumental tuition.
- Lunch: The academy will provide students with lunch in the event of IT system failure or any other event that prevents students from paying for their midday meal. Students who receive Free School Meals will be provided with a free lunch up to the amount they usually receive (currently £2.35). Should students exceed this amount, and all other students not on Free School Meals, may be asked to pay at a later date.