We're really pleased that you are interested in applying to Ark Putney Academy, we are a local school and welcome boys and girls aged 11-18.
For more information about our school please have a look at our Lower School Prospectus. We'd love to meet you and show you what we have to offer, our Open Events are Monday 26th -Thursday 29th September 9-10:30am and our open evening is Tuesday 27th September 5-8pm. If you are unable to make any of our dates but still wish to have a look around please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make a personal appointment.
Offer letters for September 2017 entry are sent out to arrive 1st March, if you need any help or support in accepting your offer or making an appeal then please feel free to contact us.
You do not need to sit the Wandsworth Test to apply to Ark Putney Academy.
This is our admissions policy:
What happens next
Once you accept a place at Ark Putney we aim to give your child the best start to life at our school.
We have a few steps to help make this happen:
- Your child will have an individual meeting with a Head of House.
- The assistant principal and special educational needs co-ordinator will visit the child's primary school to talk to teachers who already know the child well.
- To complement the academic data provided by primary schools every new student will sit Cognitive Ability Tests along with reading and comprehension tests to give us a detailed understanding of each student’s learning needs.
- Our English as an Additional Language (EAL) coordinator leads a specialised induction programme for students who do not have English as their first language.
- We provide a full induction programme for all new students to help smooth their entry to the academy community. Year 7 induction days are in July.
- Every parent will receive three reports per year along with parent and teacher meetings to help maintain a close relationship between home and the academy.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2016 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2016 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||March 2017||April 2017|
|after April 2016 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network, at least 10 school days before the hearing. They will provide a copy of the school’s statement of case which will be sent to each parent/carer at least 10 school days before the hearing.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.