We're really pleased that you are interested in applying to Ark Putney Academy, we are a local school and welcome boys and girls aged 11-18.
For more information about our school take a look at our prospectus.
We'd love to meet you and show you what we have to offer, please contact email@example.com to make an appointment.
To apply for a place you must complete an application form from Wandsworth Council. Applications for September 2015 are now closed but we can still offer help and advice if you would like your child to join Ark Putney.
This is our admissions policy:
If you need any help with any aspect of the application process then please contact us.
What happens next
Once you accept a place at Ark Putney we aim to give your child the best start to life at our school.
We have a few steps to help make this happen:
- Your child will have an individual interview with a Head of House.
- The assistant principal and special educational needs co-ordinator will visit the child's primary school to talk to teachers who already know the child well.
- To complement the academic data provided by primary schools every new student will sit Cognitive Ability Tests along with reading and comprehension tests to give us a detailed understanding of each student’s learning needs.
- Our English as an Additional Language (EAL) coordinator leads a specialised induction programme for students who do not have English as their first language.
- We provide a full induction programme for all new students to help smooth their entry to the academy community. Year 7 induction days are in July.
- Every parent will receive three reports per year along with parent and teacher meetings to help maintain a close relationship between home and the academy.
ARK Schools Appeals Timetable
September 2015 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2015 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Appeals lodged by|
|Secondary||2 March 2015||17 April 2015|
|after 17 April 2015 (late appeals)|
On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network, at least 10 school days before the hearing. They will provide a copy of the school’s statement of case which will be sent to each parent/carer at least 10 school days before the hearing.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.