We're really pleased that you are interested in applying to Ark Putney Academy, we are a local community school and welcome boys and girls aged 11-18.
For more information about our school please have a look at our Lower School Prospectus. We'd love to meet you and show you what we have to offer, our Open Events are finished for September 2020 entry. However, If you were unable to make any of our dates but still wish to have a look around please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make a personal appointment.
Offer letters for September 2020 entry should have arrived 2nd March, if you need any help or support in accepting your offer or making an appeal then please feel free to contact us.
You do not need to sit the Wandsworth Test to apply to Ark Putney Academy.
Although the closing deadline for admissions was October Half Term, please feel free to contact email@example.com at any point throughout the year to arrange an appointment as a precursor for casual admissions.
This is our admissions policy:
What happens next
Once you accept a place at Ark Putney we aim to give your child the best start to life at our school.
We have a few steps to help make this happen:
- Your child will have an individual meeting with a Head of Year.
- The assistant principal and special educational needs co-ordinator will visit the child's primary school to talk to teachers who already know the child well.
- To complement the academic data provided by primary schools every new student will sit Cognitive Ability Tests along with reading and comprehension tests to give us a detailed understanding of each student’s learning needs.
- Our English as an Additional Language (EAL) coordinator leads a specialised induction programme for students who do not have English as their first language.
- We provide a full induction programme for all new students to help smooth their entry to the academy community.
- Every parent will receive three reports per year along with parent and teacher meetings to help maintain a close relationship between home and the academy.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
Due to the Covid-19 situation it will clearly not be possible to hold panel hearings in the usual way this year. The deprtment for education has now issued revised guidelines for Admissions Authorities on how appeals should be dealt with, it being preferable that appeals are heard before the beginning of the Autumn Term. All appellants will therefore be contacted with information about the exact process, which will be the same for all Ark schools. The aim is to complete hearings and for parents to be notified of the outcome of their appeal by June 30th 2020.
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception/Year 7/Yr 12 in September 2020 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
2nd March 2020
|Deadline for lodging an appeal
20 days from receiving notification of a place
On-time appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7/Year 12, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.
The deadline for appeals is Monday 20th April 2020.